About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Surfers

OK Owen is now determined that we are to become a family of surfers... We took out the boogie boards to give it a go on the waves today....It was a blast!! Owen and I had so much fun that we forgot the kids wanted to play with the boards..hahaha.... The waves got up to around 4 feet but the boogie boards are more for the smaller waves up by the beach area. Owen and I did take them out pretty far to the bigger waves but after I swallowed half of the ocean and saw jelly fish and shark fins( ok maybe that was my imagination) I was ready to move it in closer to the beach. ohhh If only I could just get over my fear of a pack of sharks licking their chops waiting for a piece of me.. dang it!!
For me to get out there deep in the ocean I have to really focus on the activity whether it be surfing or snorkeling.. but once I do that I love it! But since you can only do so much with a boogie board ... tomorrow Owen is going to get a surf lesson and then come teach me and we will be off to rent a surf board.... We met two older men that have boards and love to go out and surf but they said it is defiantly a rough sport , you get banged up pretty bad out there.... hummmm I may be rethinking my ambition towards being a pro surfer:-)
Right now Owen is so gung ho on becoming the next amazing surfer..haha we'll see if he still feels that way after he gets out there.. I am sure it is a lot harder than those cool dudes on the movies
make it look!


The water was pretty cold until you got used to it...
Owen looking for a good wave to catch..




I think here I am praying that the wave carries me closer to shore..I swear I stepped on something alive out there...uhggggg!
I think tonight I will research shark attacks in cocoa beach .. just to ease my mind a little bit ....I really do want to try surfing with out going into cardiac arrest out there....

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand