About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve



Christmas Eve... A time of food, gifts and family... It was a great evening....Amanda had to work till 3pm today so I began the cooking. It was the first time attempting to cook a turkey. It actually wasn't so bad:) A few of the items on the menu tonight were:

A nice green Spinach salad with, cranberries,almonds and walnuts

Some spinach and cheese appetizers
Rolls
Homemade cranberry-orange walnut sauce
Garlic mashed potatoes Sauteed Garlic and almond green beans

and Owen's favorite ..A glass of Sparkling Grape Juice

I also made Homemade stuffing and of course the turkey ( sorry none of my pictures turned out for the turkey.. but it was good)

After dinner we all went to open the loot..... the kids were bouncing off the walls with excitement.






Gus even got into all the excitement ... He was in paper heaven!!.. he got a few pieces stuck in his teeth during all the wrestling....haha

May the force be with you.......
(Said in the best star wars voice:-)

Owen was pretty excited about his Rubix cube.. he already had the laptop out and googled all the tricks and info on how to solve it.... hahaha.. I know big *sigh*....So typical:-)

Thanks to the Townsends , Grandma & Grandpa Smith, and Grandma Sandy for all the special gifts !!

There was only one thing left to do..to end the night.. a nice back rub for the chef..heehee..
And a slice of Red velvet Cake topped with a creamy vanilla icing..yum yum!!!
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. the meal looks delicious :)
    Merry christmas to you and the fam from
    Kristen, Corey, & the boys!

    ReplyDelete

On my night stand