About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

The kids must have this inner clock that tells them it is Christmas day and they must get up at the break of dawn and play with every toy they got the day before. I think I heard them up way before 7am today.. way too early for anyone to be up and about!! Amanda and Donny cooked a nice Christmas morning breakfast ..eggs, sausage, and biscuits. Then we let the kids open there stockings and then headed to the ICE show.





The ICE show was a huge dome of ice sculptures and ice slides that you walk through.. It was 9 degrees in the building so we had to come up with some warm clothes for the kids.. Which was not an easy task. When Wal-mart is closed you know your going to have problems finding anything open. No one had pants for the kids so we found some tall men's tube socks to put on them at the local Walgreen's with mix matched gloves and hats .





All the following pictures are from inside the ICE show. Everything in it was made out of ice.. They had 24,000 pounds of ice brought in and it took them over 2 months to carve the ice sculptures.









They had 4 slides set up for people to go down made of all ice.


Torin was so excited to go down he went down a couple times . Every time he went down he would flap his arms like a bird..I'm not sure but I think he thought he would go faster....










Sage was so tired .. I think here she was asking to go home and telling us that she was toooo cold for the hundredth time:-)

It was a lot of fun to see all the ice and to have ONE day to experience the freezing temperatures that you all up north are experiencing everyday. But tomorrow is another day and we are headed to the beach to get out the surf boards again:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand