About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye's

Yesterday we said goodbye to my parents and my brother who flew back to the cold state of Ohio. They all drove out to Cocoa Beach from Orlando to spend the day before they left. Since it was very cold for Florida too (around 58), we stayed at the tennis court and shuffle board area for a bit. The kids loved playing Bocce ball and us adults played a few games of shuffle board. Owen and I did get a few tennis games in again.. Darn it .. he always wins though.. beginning to not be fun anymore..I win the first game until he warms his tennis swing up and then it's over for me....











Today Elishia and Joe were headed back and had a loooong ride ahead of them . So we all decided to go out to eat with all 7 kids....You must always prepare yourself before attempting a crazy plan like that.. for example what do you do in case a knock down all out brawl happens between siblings ?....or what so you so if your child decides to have the tantrum of the year?..you must have all escape routes in order before you enter the restaurant . Lucky for all of us (or them..haha)they were actually all very good during dinner... no one chucked food across the restaurant and I never had to separate any rowdy brawls..which is always a good thing.



Kaden watching the sports channel while eating:-)





Two peas in a Pod..Lauren and Torin...



Later the kids and I walked down to the beach to watch Owen freeze out on his surf board. It was one of Florida's coldest days ! Only around 56 but the waves were decent . There were other surfers out but only Owen and Joe were out in a t-shirt and shorts. Everyone else was out in wet suits,which is probably a bit more warmer..CRAZY GUYS!! The wind was so cold that the kids hands felt like ice after about 10 minutes.





I gave Kaden the precious camera (under great supervision from mommy) to take some pictures of us. He actually did very well (hence the picture above). Though I did have to delete about 20 or so .. he just got caught up in the moment and got a little picture happy:) totally understandable..heehee...


My three Cold sand angels!

Something is just not right about wearing winter hats and pants on a beach.......hummm





No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand