About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Monday, January 19, 2009

friends and a rocket launch

This past weekend my friend Faith from Jacksonville FL came to stay with me. It has been three years since I have seen her.We have been friends for over 20 years! Not many people can say they still have a good friend from their childhood that they still keep in touch with. Faith and I met when I was around 8 years old and have been great friends since. It was so great reminiscing the crazy times we have had through the last 20 years. And there have been some great times.. like staying up late talking while eating grapefruit and pickles, our Mexico trips, and of course giggling and passing notes back and forth about the "boys" during church service. ahhh *sigh* good times:-)







The Kennedy Space Center was shooting a rocket off this weekend too. So we all packed in the van and headed out to watch the launch. The count down was set for 7:33pm . We arrived at the site with our cameras ready and coats on..because it happened to be one of the coldest nights in FL again and we were FREEZING! We were all standing there with a crowd of devoted watchers and 7:33p goes by and nothing happens. The count down was stopped because of some technical problem. So everyone headed back to their cars to get warm and wait for news on the launch.... This happens 2 more times! Around the 2nd try Donny and Amanda decided to hop in their car from Orlando and try to make it before it tries again. So the 3rd time I think around 9:45p we jump out of the van again and the count down starts and it fires up and takes off in the sky.. It was amazing to watch! Donny and Amanda had just literally pulled in when the countdown started (which was record time for an hour drive..hummm.... Precious little Donny wouldn't speed... would he?)....while we had been waiting in the van for close to three hours with the kids but darn it we were going to see a rocket launch!. It really was a fascinating sight and when will we ever be able to see that again..so I guess it was worth the wait.
It was so dark outside that taking a good picture was close to impossible. The few I have are blurry but you get the idea:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand