About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

family camping

Saturday afternoon my mom called to see if we wanted to come over for a family camp out. We of course said yes, since the kids have been begging to camp out in the tent for the last couple of weeks. It was much safer to try our first camp night close to a familiar house rather than far away at some camp site .




Here the kids were checking out there new rooms. The boys shared one side tent and Sage had the other. Owen and I were in the middle so if anyone would try to sneak out they would have to go through our middle tent first.

Torin and Kaitlyn were riding around and checking out all the fun activity on there little vehicles.

Here is the set up. Mom and dad's tent is on the far right trying to stay away from all the craziness of the children while still trying to be included in the circle of tents.
Cooking hot dogs and marshmallows.


Dad sitting by the fire so peacfully not aware that he would later be the center of a lot of laughs and entertainment for the evening... .. Several time in the night we were awaken by a loud bear noise... only to realize dad's snoring had woken us up .. and they were worried about the kids waking them up ....
The nice morning breakfast chef.... Cooking several dozen fresh pancakes for the crew.

Here's the crew up bright and early. All in all everything went pretty smoothly. We had a few rain showers about 5am but all was good . Though our Sunday afternoon nap time in our own beds was absolutely glorious....

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand