About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ahoy Matey!

Kaden's 6th birthday party was Saturday. He decided he wanted to have a pirate party this year. Me being the crafty person I try to be was all gung ho on this idea.. Pirates.. oh there are lots of fun pirate crafts and games and decorations I could find .. this was perfect. Though later realizing that I may have been a little over ambitious with the pirate shenanigans.



After several jammed printer problems , and burned fingers from burning the edge of the paper the invitations were sent in the mail . Only to my surprise when I got to our mail box the next morning what do I find but a stack of nice pirate invitations! Now I don't know about you but when I send something in the mail I expect my trusty mail carriers to deliver my mail to the recipients, NOT back to the sender. I guess the nice postal service thought my envelopes where to lumpy or puffy to be sent with a normal stamp..so with a little more stampage they were finally sent out again.
Then instead of spending the extra 20-30 dollars on a cake I had a great idea to make cup cakes with some kind of pirate theme.... Well if you know me at all, you know that I do NOT bake. I cook but not bake. You can ask anyone who has eaten my famous Reese's cheesecake , and they will tell you the same thing.. You girls know who you are.. letting me believe that cheesecake tasted wonderful.. shame on you!..Some day when the pain has healed I will blog about the cheesecake story. Anyway I decided to turn the cupcakes into gold coins and then put the coins in a treasure box , which would be the chocolate cupcakes.. They actually turned out ok until two different people came up to me and said I had made a nice pirate ship out of cupcakes. Yep, my great treasure box looked like a pirate ship... How that happened I am still not sure but I do know they tasted good and it was a pirate theme whether it was a ship or treasure box.. Though officially I bake no more...

Here is some of the treasure boxes I had painted for the kids to decorate for a pirate craft. They actually turned out really cute. The kids used sequins and glitter to make some really nice pirate treasure boxes.


Kaden showing me his best pirate look.






Torin walked around all day yelling" aarrrrgggggg"


This is Pirate Captain Owen who led us pirates on a treasure hunt to find the missing gold.


Pirate Sage sweet and innocent but the sneakiest pirate of all... If you were wondering where all the loot from the treasure went you may want to check her treasure box. Pirate Sage loved when the other pirates were off hunting gold that's when she would make her move to the other treasure boxes....(seriously she had stashes of candy from who knows where crammed in her box)

The kids loved decorating the boxes and then later they were able to fill them with the loot from the treasure hunt.



I had set up seven clues around the room and Owen led all the pirates on a treasure hunt in search of the missing treasure. The kids were so good at figuring out the clues that it didn't take them long to find the loot.




Lauren enjoying some Pirate grub.




Kaitlyn looking cute in her pirate clothes and guzzling a little to much pirate drink....






The pirates waiting in line for their turn to fish for a clue in the fishing hole. I had made 4 fishing poles that the kids would use to fish out a bag of gold fish crackers where they would then find a bag with a clue to the hunt .

All I have to say is that 22 4,5,and 6, year olds have so much more energy than any one person should ever have:) It was a fun 6th birthday for Kaden and the pirates all seemed to really enjoy themselves . Though I think turning 30 has given me new perspective and has shown me that I may not be cut out for this much fun and excitement in any 24 hour period of time anymore. whoooooo I am tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand