About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Girls just wanna to have fun!

The count down has come.. In about 15 mins I will officially become the big 3..0...! Friday my sister threw me a birthday party with a few friends at her house. We ate dinner together under candle light and roses. Then around 8pm a dance instructor arrived to teach us girls the sexy Latin dance called the Salsa.




I am not sure who the instructor thought he was coming to teach but he encountered 5 women who were very eager to get their groove on and learn the sexy Salsa. First things first.. you must learn the "pee pee" dance, known in salsa to get your hips a movin. With most of us all having more than one child we were masters at the pee pee dance! Next we needed partners. This is where it was necessary to bring out the BOYS.... No , she did not have a stash of men hiding in the closet ...shame on you .. we are married women!


Tall , dark and handsome and certainly able enough to help us accomplish the goal of learning the Salsa. 7 glorious men ready to "pee pee" dance.

Realizing later that the men were just not cutting it, we partnered up with each other . The instructor then would dance with each of us , making sure we were grasping the dance steps.


The big question now is , "can I dance the Salsa with my head up?" I am so entranced in the music and steps that I don't realize I have not looked up once until I start to topple over onto my partner and girls next to me. And yes this is probably why I have never mastered the art of dance .

My friend Tami and I partnered up for a bit but after a few trips and knee knocking we separated to our imaginary partners. It was just safer for everyone involved.





Holy double chin! I guess when you hit the big 3...0... everything starts to droop and double ...






I had and awesome time with all my crazy friends.( even though a couple skipped the salsa lesson..you know who you are:) We were even able to learn the Boot Scootin Boogie thanks to Margaurite. Thanks girls for a great 30th Birthday party!


No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand