About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!

It's here! The day I have been dreading for months....*sigh*sniffle* I turned 30 today. I am actually handling it better than I thought I would maybe it's because I have tried my darnest to not think about it. Through out the day I have been giving myself pep talks which has eased the pain... I''m O.K. I am not that old really. I mean I only have a few grey hairs....I still have time to go to school. I can still play volleyball. I have a beautiful family. I have lots of friends who are older than me and they seem fine. People made a big deal about 30 several years ago but now it's like the new 20... right?...I'll be fine....




Sunday Owen took me up to Cleveland to Playhouse Square to see 'I Love You Because'. We both usually enjoy going to the different plays and have seen quite a few. Though I really enjoy the experience of live theatre being my artsy self, this one was stretching it a bit. It kind of gave the feel of a high school play with only consisting of a total of 6 actors. Since we were in the Cleveland area we stopped at the hospital to visit some friends who were burned in a fire a couple of weeks ago then we went out for a nice dinner. It was a very nice and relaxing day.

St.Patty's Day!
Today I woke up to three children shoving wrapped presents in my face. To say the least they were very excited for my birthday! I opened the first wrapped gift.. 4 chocolate chips... I opened the second gift... Kaden's lucky marble! All I have to say is how did they know exactly what I would need today? It was wonderful:) There is nothing better than chocolate and a lucky marble to ease the pain of turning 30:)
I actually got a lot accomplished today on my 3..0...birthday. I painted our mud room since the carpet will be in this week. I finished making Kaden's Treasure Map birthday invitations to send out, straightened up the house and was able to fit in a shower before my parents came over with dinner and cake. (thanks mom and dad it was delicious)It was so great to see the sun out and 63 degrees outside! The kids and I also went out and enjoyed a little time outside while Owen picked up some leaves in the yard.




















By the end of the day I can honestly say 30 is not so bad. I think it was just the anticipation of it.. Like pulling a band-aid off.... Happy St.Patricks Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand