About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We're back....

2 weeks home and we are still trying to get warm. You don't really appreciate the beautiful sun and warm days until get back from a three month vacation in 70 degree weather and get thrown into 20 degrees of freezing cold! Not to worry though there should be a light at the end of this freezing tunnel soon .. we hope:) This past weekend Owen and I went to Cleveland for the weekend with no kids. It was for our 11 year anniversary. My parents decided to watch the kids... wait, actually they decided to watch ALL the kids.. all 8 of them! Yes, they had a "cousins night".. I tried to talk them out of it knowing that they had no idea what they just got themselves into... 8 kids under the age of 6 all staying the night at grandma and grandpa's house! But they insisted they knew what they were doing and could handle it.


The kids all had fun playing with dress up clothes and grandma's shoes.

The next day Owen and I picked the kids up and were very happy to see my parents were alive, a little worn out but well. Of course Sage was the child who would not go to sleep . In her defense ,she did get to spend the night with all her cousins, she got to spend the night at grandma's house, she got to have juice and goodies that mommy does not have in the house....I mean with all that excitement who would want to go to sleep. I think around midnight she came down to lay with dad on the couch (i think he thought she would fall asleep easier..hahah hahaha little did he know).When mom came to check on them dad was out snoring away and Sage's eyes were wide awake..Fooled him:) But besides a few little bumps all in all it went fine.
Owen and I had a great time out. Three months in a 500 square foot condo and a small mini van with three toddlers can be lot for anyone to handle. So it was a very relaxing and QUIET weekend away. Thanks mom and Dad for giving us a kid less night:)

Yesterday we went to visit the other cousins. The kids were so excited ! They love their cousins. Isaac had called Owen to come over to play him in chess. So we packed the kids up and headed over to visit Owen's sister and the family.








Jimmie and Kaden
Dreama
The future musician in the family
Isaac



Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand