About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Friday, February 6, 2009

The new hairdo

We arrived in Fairhope AL Wednesday night. It is actually a nice size room compared to what we have been staying in lately. The kids have been great playing together in the room with their toys ... Last night we got together with some of our friends from the church at a restaurant then headed over to the pastor's house for some ice cream. They have a little boy Kaden's age , Titus , that they adopted from Haiti . Kaden and Titus were so cute playing together they had so much fun . Kaden later asked us if we could move by Titus so they could play basketball together...

Kaden has been in this new stage of styling his hair. I know ,sounds crazy .. I thought only girls go through this but apparently Kaden does too. I think he must of saw something on TV about it. We were in this restaurant a couple of weeks ago and there was a group of boys in the booth behind us that were around 10 years old. Kaden came over to me and whispered very seriously " See that boy over there I want my hair like his" I had to do everything in my power not to crack up laughing .. because he was so serious I didn't want to hurt his feelings. The boy had his hair grown out to his ears and it was real spiky .. almost surfer/skater style...

1. it was so funny that he observed the hairstyle.
2. it was so funny that he was so determined to have that "same hair"...

So since that he has been styling his hair in a spike style as best as he can. Since his hair is not that long yet he informs me that it looks great right now but it will be better when it gets longer .. I am not sure how long this phase will last but right now Owen and I are getting a good laugh out of watching him fix his hair and of course his brothers too since Torin also has decided to have ..as Torin says " his hair stick up". While all this crazy hair styling is going on Sage is in the corner laughing her head off telling the boys there hair looks funny and is sticking up .. I don't think she understands that that is Kaden's goal... even through all of Kaden's explanations of why it is sticking up...Kaden looks at me and says" she doesn't get it" ...








This is the "spike" style....


This is the " Hawk " style...which he explains to me, is like a windshield .. it stops the wind from blowing back and forth on his head.





No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand