About Me

My photo
ohio, United States
I am a stay at home mother of three. I am also a proud wife of a professional poker player and Bible teacher. We have been married for 11 years.Photography and books are my passion. I find people and their life stories fascinating. Listening to my children play and laugh together makes me smile. Music,art,sunny days,traveling,youth ministry,the great outdoors,and my family are just a few of the things I really love . I am a Christian and I am so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Down by the River

Memorial Day I woke up with an overwhelming desire to feel sand in my toes and to hear the water rush up on the shore line.. Since we live quit a distance away from the white sands of the ocean , I thought a trip to a Lake Erie beach would be satisfactory for a memorial day trip with the family. We called some friends and packed up an headed to Fairport Harbor. One important factor we forgot was that it drops about 7 degrees up on the lake, so it was about 65 and very windy . Not the ideal weather I had dreamed of as we cookout and build sand castles. So we opted to head to the river instead of shivering our fannies off in the cool breeze. Sunny and around 73 degrees .. the perfect day for a picnic. The kids enjoyed playing in the river , which was actually very warm, and built rock and dirt castles which would have to suffice at the moment. Our sand castle would have to be put on hold for a time.















Something about boys + rocks + target = competition... of course all in good fun...

Who would be the first to hit the far tree accurately with their rock?..ok, now with the biggest rock?
..*sigh* boys......

Ahh the ideal combination friends, family , fun, cookouts, water , sun.... maybe summer time is finally here........

No comments:

Post a Comment

On my night stand